Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our First Major Public Meltdown

I was talking to my neighbor this morning, we chatted about our mornings and as we were ending our conversation I saw that Jonathan had made a mad dash to their chalk. On an ordinary morning I would have given him ample time to express his artistic skills, however we were on a tight schedule. Meijer was awaiting and I needed a coffee to suppress my growing head ache. I proceeded to ask J to help pick up the chalk he had dumped on sidewalk and with a grin he ran across the yard, I followed and returned him to the spot of his mess. This turned into Jonathan's first outside full blown temper tantrum. For approximately 10 minutes he screamed, kicked, and head butted me. He didn't want to pick up the chalk. I finally had to put the chalk in his hand, carry him to the bucket, and then prey it out of his hand so it would go in the proper place. The chalk finally made its way to Roo's front porch and as I was walking to the car I saw her smiling at us through the window. I think she knew that she was lucky to be inside, not placed in wrath of Jonathan.

A side note...right before nap, Jonathan picked up all of his Lego's without being asked and even put them back in the right spot.

No comments: