Sunday, June 22, 2008
FURIOUS!!!
Last night the family went out for dinner. We usually get take out because those of you with toddlers know what it is like to eat out with a hungry child. We picked Applebees, we had coupons, and figured it was a "family friendly" establishment. We were seated at a table across from the booths and low and behold there was a family seated next to us. A sigh of relief passed through my lips, at least it wasn't a crotchety old couple that would be giving us dirty looks anytime Jonathan decided to be vocal. The family had three children seated, more like in various stages of seated. One was around two, he was done with sitting down and wanted to roam. He was contorting his body in various positions when dad got up (mind you, dad had his shorts hanging down where they shouldn't be and I got a full face of crack) and dragged the screaming two year old outside. Dad returned sans toddler and Patrick and I both looked at each other with horror. Did he do what we thought he just did? The other kids glanced at dad and exclaimed, "oh, did you just put him in the truck? He still needs to eat!" Again, shots of horror were exchanged between Patrick and I. The rest of the family continued to eat, toddler apparently left in the truck. We don't know if he was strapped in or was free to roam the interior of the truck. I was so furious and couldn't believe what was happening. I asked Patrick what was our moral obligation as human beings to help stop what was happening...or would that be infringing on parent's rights??? What type of society do we live in???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
O.k. that is CRAZY! What did you end up doing? How did the rest of the meal pan out? Ridiculous!!! I am stressed for that kid and don't even know him...people are such morons.
Post a Comment